Who we are:
The role of the B.C. Green Caucus, as the third party in the Legislative Assembly, is to present alternatives to government positions and to communicate those views to British Columbians. Our office provides administrative, communications and research assistance to Caucus members to support their work in this capacity.
What we need:
We are looking for a motivated and passionate Digital Communications Officer to join our B.C. Green Caucus team supporting Leader Sonia Furstenau and MLA Adam Olsen. The ideal candidate will have an enthusiasm for politics, a flair for compelling storytelling, a strong aptitude for videography, and the ability to conduct thorough communications issues research.
This position requires an effective communicator who exercises sound judgment, demonstrates integrity, and strives for excellence.
As a Digital Communications Officer, you will play a crucial role in shaping and amplifying our caucus’s message through various digital channels, helping to engage and inform the public while promoting transparency and accessibility.
What you will do:
- Oversee a variety of social media platforms, including X (Twitter), Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok, and YouTube.
- Monitor and analyze digital engagement metrics to refine strategies and optimize content.
Digital Content Creation:
- Create and curate engaging digital content, including videos, graphics, and written materials, to effectively communicate the caucus’s vision, initiatives, and policy positions.
- Collaborate with team members to develop content that resonates with diverse audiences and aligns with our caucus’s values and objectives.
Videography and Storytelling:
- Capture and edit high-quality videos that tell captivating stories, capturing caucus events, interviews, and activities.
- Utilize videography skills to transform policy discussions into visually appealing and informative content, making political information accessible and engaging.
Communications Issues Research:
- Conduct in-depth research on communications issues, political trends, and public sentiment to inform content creation.
- Stay up-to-date with current events, policy developments, and relevant news to ensure accurate and timely communications.
Collaboration and Coordination:
- Collaborate with colleagues across various teams to ensure consistent messaging and branding across all digital communication channels.
- Work closely with policy advisors and MLAs to translate policy initiatives into accessible and compelling digital content.
- Degree or diploma in communications, political science, journalism, or a related field, or relevant work experience.
- Experience in videography, video editing, and content creation for digital platforms.
- Proficiency in using digital communication tools and social media platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, collaboratively and independently.
- Knowledge of the BC provincial and local political landscape is an asset.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This full-time position based at the Legislative Assembly in Victoria, B.C. includes a salary of between $52,000 to $62,000 annually.
- This position includes a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid vacation, optional health and dental plans, and participation in the British Columbia Public Service Pension Plan.
- The B.C. Green Caucus proudly offers a four-day workweek and flexible schedule outside of the Legislative Session.
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume to JoJo Beattie, Press Secretary (email@example.com). Application deadline is August 30, 2023. We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
If accommodation is needed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The BC Green Caucus is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $52,000.00-$62,000.00 per year